3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5800-Pb Series Termination Kit includes a 4-skirt, 1-conductor termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for oil/paper-insulated, lead-covered power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages up to 15kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5800-Pb Series PILC Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage cables in outdoor applications. When the 4-skirt terminal's core is unwound, it shrinks over the cable and ensures a leak-proof, ideal fit. The track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. IEEE 404/IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations.
- Provides a void-free seal to oil/paper-insulated, lead-covered power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 0.71 to 1.01-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates stranded wires of size 4/0 AWG and solid wires of size 250 kcmil
- Molded, silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages up to 15kV and is 110 kV BIL-rated
- Includes a 4-skirt, single-conductor, cold shrink termination and an OS-0040 1-hole lug/stem connector
- IEEE 404/IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations
- 3M ID: 80610734883
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 110 kV
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.71-1.01 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 18.0-25.6 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (15 kV) 4/0 AWG, Stranded, (15 kV) 250 kcmil, Solid
- Conductor Sizes: 250 kcmil, 4/0 AWG
- Family: QT-II
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: OS-0040 (1-Hole)
- Maximum Installed Length: 17.25 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 4
- Product Series: 5800-Pb
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Paper Insulated Lead Covered (PILC)
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.