3M™ 5811 Series Industrial Loadbreak Elbow Kit is a fully shielded and insulated plug-in termination. This kit is ideal for connecting underground cable to transformers, switchgear and junctions that come with loadbreak bushings. It is designed for use on tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® and JCN types of cables. The elbow is peroxide-cured EPDM.
3M™ 5811 Series Industrial Loadbreak Elbow Kit includes an elbow body, loadbreak probe, probe installation tool, silicone lubricant, cold shrink jacketing tube, mastic strips, ground braid assembly, constant force spring, 3M Cable Cleaning Pads CC-3 and installation instructions. This kit is rated for 25 kV and 200-amp applications. The copper-top compression connector transitions from the cable to the loadbreak probe. The aluminum barrel of the elbow makes the connector easy to crimp on both aluminum and copper conductors. The copper lug ensures a reliable, tight, cool-operating connection with the loadbreak probe. Meets ANSI/IEEE Standard 386.
- Ideal for connecting underground cable to transformers, switchgear and junctions that come with loadbreak bushings
- Locking ring ensures secure connection
- Specially designed for use on tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® and jacketed concentric neutral types of cables
- 0.85 to 1.1-in insulation diameter
- Accommodates wire size of 2 to 4/0 AWG
- High-quality, peroxide-cured EPDM provides better insulation
- Rated for 25 kV and 200-amp applications
- Meets ANSI/IEEE Standard 386.
- 1 kit/case
- 3M ID: 80611201890
- Cable Type: Compact/Solid, Stranded
- Cable Voltage Rating: 25 kV
- Component Type: Elbow
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (25 kV, 100%) 1-3/0 AWG, Stranded, (25 kV, 100%) 1/0-4/0 AWG, Compact/Solid, (25 kV, 133%) 2-1/0 AWG, Compact/Solid, (25 kV, 133%) 2-1/0 AWG, Stranded
- Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 3/0 AWG, 4/0 AWG
- Current Rating: 200 Ampere
- Family: 3M™ 200 Amp 25 kV Industrial Loadbreak Elbow
- Insulation Diameter Range: 0.850-1.100 in
- Insulation Diameter Range (metric): 21.6-27.9 mm
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Outside Diameter: 0.85 to 1.1 Inch
- Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.85 to 1.1 in
- Product Series: 5811
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Separable Connector Type: Load Break Elbows
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.